Bandwidth is important on your boat, don’t waste it on ads. This is a quick summary of how to install the Pi-hole ad blocker on an OpenPlotter (in wifi+AP Mode).
1. SSH to your OpenPlotter, then install Pi-hole with One-Step Automated Install (https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole/#one-step-automated-install)
curl -sSL https://install.pi-hole.net | bash
2. Configure with:
- Clouflare DNS
- WLAN1 [ IP Settings: 10.10.10.1/24, 10.10.10.1 ]
- Record the generated password
3. Turn password off for easy access to Pi-hole admin
pihole -a -p
4. Turn off logging to save the SD Card
sudo pihole logging off
This will make the statistics page look like its not loading and mark the FTL Service as offline. If you want to see statistics, skip this step and do it later.
5. Comment out line 44 in :
6. Set dnsmasq to auto restart:
sudo update-rc.d dnsmasq enable